NOTE: As of April 1, the Interlibrary Loans courier service will be suspended due to the COVID-19 outbreak. This has the potential to dramatically slow down the delivery of ILL print material.
For books you currently have out:
- It would be best if you can return any ILL books before leaving campus. If you have access to a local public library, you can request interlibrary loans from them once you are home.
- If working with a local library is not an option, and you wish to take the books with you, please request renewals online to extend the due dates.
- If you need to renew an ILL item, please send the renewal request online or call Patty Tarter at 859-985-3275.
- Eventually the books will need to be returned to Hutchins Library in order to update our records to returned and get the book back to the lending library. If you take books with you, you would need to mail them back at the end of the term.
For pending book requests:
- Please let Patty Tarter (firstname.lastname@example.org) know your situation. If you do not have access to a local public library and the book is necessary for your coursework, the book will be forwarded on to your home address.
- The book will be returned to the lending library when it is received unless you contact Patty Tarter.
- Submit article requests as usual using the following link. Articles are sent electronically and will continue without interruption.
- If you can use your local public library, that will be your best option, if not, you can place an ILL request. Just remember it will take an extended time for you to receive the book. Also, you will need to email Patty Tarter your home address.