Films on Demand
A Berea College Library Guide
What is Films on Demand?
Films on Demand provides immediate access to over 39,000 streaming videos from Films for the Humanities & Sciences, Cambridge Educational, NBC News, ABC News, PBS, BBC, Meridian, and others.
How to access Films on Demand
Mouse over Find on the library homepage and click on Electronic Resources which is located at the bottom of the page under Resources. At the top of the A-Z list you can click on the letter F and then click on Films on Demand. If you are off campus you will be prompted to authenicate using your Berea College user ID and password. After authentication, you can use all of our databases until you close your browser.
Searching for Videos
- Basic Search
- Use the box at the top of the page to type in a search term. It will search for all video segments related to your search term, but you may change the option below the search box to search by title, which will find entire videos related to your search term.
- To the left of the list of videos in the results list, is a list of the subject collections. You may click on one of the collections to narrow your results down to those vidoes that are related to that subject area.
- Advanced Search
- Click on the advanced search link next to the basic search box to focus your search.
- Type in your search terms, then choose from the menus and options below. These include selecting subject areas, limiting by a specific producer, date, or films with closed captions. You may use as many of these options as you desire.
Viewing a video
After you have selected a video using any of the methods above, click on it. The page that comes up provides the following information and options:
- The title, description, the playing time, and the categories under which is indexed.
- Use the tabs to the right of the video to see a description of all the segments including the playing time, the full title and description, and a list of related videos.
- Under the video are options to email the link, add it to your playlist or favorites, or imbed the video. Embedded and linked videos may only be viewed when authenticated into the library databases and may not be posted to public sites.
- Click the "play" button to view the video.
Creating an Account
To create an account on Films on Demand you will need to click on YOUR ACCOUNT which is located at the top right of the screen.
- A login box will open.
- At the bottom of that box click on SIGN UP
- Fill out the form with your Name and the user name you prefer
- From the drop down menu select your user status
- If you are Faculty, select Teacher. This will allow you to create classes and invite your students to join
- Type and confirm your password.