If you are struggling to choose a protein to investigate, consider the following questions:
· Do you or your family have connection with a particular disease?
· Is there some area of biochemical research you have heard about or are interested in?
· Is there a particular global health issue you would like to relate to biochemistry?
· Is there a unique animal or organism you would like to know more about?
· Have you heard of any biotechnology inventions that are protein-based?
· Are there particular drugs you would like to study?
· Are there any natural products you would like to investigate?
(from Dr. Saderholm's handout)