What is a citation?
A citation gives researchers basic information about the creation of a document or work of art.
It tells you:
- Who created it
- What it is called
- When it was published or created
- Where it was published or created
Why are citations important?
- A citation can help you find additional sources for your research.
- A citation gives credit to the author/creator whose work you’ve used.
- A list of citations will form your bibliography or works cited, usually required of your assignment.